Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

GFCF Corn Bread

This recipe is adapted from Better Homes and Gardens. Call me crazy for thinking corn bread is pretty, but this corn bread really is nice to look at, and even nicer to eat.

1 cup GF flour blend (I used this one)
3/4 cup cornmeal
2 tbsp. sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
2 beaten eggs
1 cup rice milk
1/4 cup canola oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9 inch round baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.

Sift together the flour through the salt, set aside.

Combine the eggs through the oil. Add egg mixture all at once to the dry mixture and stir until just moistened. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake about 20 minutes, or until golden.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your corn bread recipe, its marked on my pc as a favorite. My son has austim and we are new at the gfcf diet. We are doing really well with it, thanks to googling recipes. I wanted to let you know this.

Phillip Rich
Tennessee

Erin said...

Thanks for your comment, Phillip! I'm glad you like the recipe. I hope you continue to find great ones that your family will love. :)

Brooke said...

Hi. Thanks so much for this recipe! It's my new "go to" cornbread recipe and tonight I used it as the first step to some delicious GFCF dressing/stuffing that our family gobbled up without a bite left! :o) Thanks so much!

Erin said...

Hi Brooke, I'm so glad you like it! :)