Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Butter Bread


I stumbled across a recipe for pumpkin butter bread here while searching for interesting ways to use up pumpkin butter. This is an excellent recipe and the bread tastes even better sliced with some pumpkin butter spread on top.

1/3 cup palm shortening

1 cup sugar

2 large eggs

1 cup pumpkin butter (or other fruit butter such as apple or pear)

1/3 cup water

1 2/3 cups GF flour blend (I used
this one)
1 tsp. xanthan gum

1 tsp. baking soda

3/4 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. baking powder

1/2 cup walnut meal, if desired


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.


Cream sugar and shortening together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the pumpkin butter and water and mix well.


Sift together the flour through the baking powder. Add to the wet mixture and beat until well combined. Fold in the walnut meal, if desired. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


2 comments:

äiti said...

Hi,

Thank you so much for your blog. I have tried more than a few recipes and always look forward to seeing what you have concocted next.

I am a regular reader of GF Girl and GF Goddess, too, but have to say that I appreciate your "every day-ness" which I mean in only the best way.

I was just thinking yesterday, "hmm, how can I use up this pumpkin apple butter I made last week?" and there was your recipe for pumpkin apple butter bread a couple of hours later!!

With gratitude,

Shirley

Erin said...

Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the recipes. :)
erin