Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fennel Body Scrub

I used to make Buttermilk Fennel Facial Scrub. It worked well and smelled great, but it was a hassle to remember to take it out of the refrigerator to use it in the morning (I'm always running out the door late in the morning no matter how early I get up). Besides, it's not like I keep milk around in the refrigerator anymore (I've kind of soured on dairy - ha!). So tonight I made a fennel scrub using olive oil and honey in place of the buttermilk. The fennel acts as an exfoliant, the olive oil acts as a moisturizer. I think it works better and smells better than store bought scrubs. This really takes no time at all to throw together. Make sure to coarsely grind the fennel seeds in a coffee grinder, otherwise they'll just spin around endlessly in a larger food processor. A plus - you don't have to store it in the refrigerator!

1/2 cup whole fennel seeds
1/3 cup olive oil, plus more as needed
1 tbsp. honey, warmed slightly

Coarsely grind the fennel seeds in a coffee grinder. This only takes a few seconds - don't over grind or the fennel will turn to dust. Place the fennel in a small bowl. Add the olive oil and honey and stir to combine. It should be thick, but not paste-y. When using, remember that a little bit goes a long way.

1 comment:

Jenna Marquez said...

Your recipe sounds great. I'll have to try it.

My fave body scrub is this one: http://www.salonhive.com/volcanic-butt-buffer-body-scrub.html

The volcanic ash and detoxifying
mineral clay really exfoliate my skin and make it glow all day.