Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Friday, March 20, 2009

GFCF Hot Fudge Sauce

This hot fudge sauce is super easy to make and it tastes so good. I found the original recipe at Heal ~ Balance ~ Live and modified it just slightly. It's good on homemade coconut cream ice cream but it'd also be good as a dip for mock peanut butter cookies! Or chocolate chip cookies! Or biscotti! Or strawberries! Or drizzled over angel food cake (which is next on my list of recipes to tackle)! Okay, I'll stop now - you get my point.

4 ounces semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate, dairy free
1/4 cup rice milk
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Heat the rice milk and sugar together in a small saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Allow to cool a bit before serving over ice cream (which you can see from the picture that I didn't do because I was too impatient, but boy was it good!).

3 comments:

THE ORDINARY HOUSEWIFE said...

Hey, i really love your blog and I have some awards for you over at mine :)

www.theordinaryhousewife.blogspot.com

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Thanks so much! That's so sweet of you! I'm so excited, these will be my first awards. :)