Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Marinated Cucumbers

My mom made this side dish many times while I was growing up. She never had a recipe for them, she just threw together a little bit of this and a little bit of that until the dish tasted right. Here I think I have the measurements right - you can adjust the amounts to suit your taste. The leftover vinaigrette is good to put on salad, too.

1 small English cucumber (regular cukes work well too, I just prefer ones without seeds)
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. black pepper
pinch of salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. dill, if desired

Wash and thinly slice the cucumber and place in a shallow bowl. Whisk together the remaining ingredients. Adjust marinade to taste and pour over the cucumbers. Marinate at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve chilled.

No comments: