Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bulk Pankcake and Waffle Mix

This is a Gluten Free Heaven recipe (you can find it here). I've modified it just slightly to make it corn-free.

3 cups brown rice flour
1 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup millet, amaranth or teff flour
2 cups potato starch
2 cups tapioca starch
3/4 cup sugar (powdered sugar works well too)
6 tsp. baking soda
3 tbsp. baking powder
4 tsp. xanthan gum
3 tsp. salt

Sift together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

I love the mixes. How can I figure out which recipes reference them?

Erin said...

Hi virginia,
thanks! I love all the different mixes too, they give each baked item a different taste and texture that I love - so different and so much better than the same old tired wheat flours I used to use. That's a good question about referencing...I don't know and can't address that at the moment, but I can direct you to this post which details how I like to use each one of my flour blends: http://myaspergersgirl.blogspot.com/2008/06/making-your-own-gluten-free-flour.html
erin