Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sauteed Cabbage


I'm posting this simple recipe because, well, it's amazing. I keep making it over and over because I can't get enough of it. You can see the same recipe here. The coconut oil really makes this dish sublime. I've used green cabbage, red cabbage and brussels sprouts and they all turn out great.

1/2 head cabbage, washed, cored and thinly sliced
2 tsp. coconut oil, plus more as needed
salt and pepper to taste

Heat a skillet over medium-low heat (I like using cast iron). Add the coconut oil - when that has melted, add the cabbage. Saute about 10 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Saute another 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cabbage is lightly caramelized. Serve hot. Makes 2 servings for cabbage-lovers.

2 comments:

Growing In God's Wisdom said...

Oooow I'm gonna make this one. I love using coconut oil and cooking my cabbage in a cast iron skillet.

The Glasers said...

I'm putting cabbage and coconut oil on my shopping list . . . shhh . . . don't tell my mother. She's German. I'm not sure she could process this heresy! :-)