Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

UnSoy-Ginger Dipping Sauce

Last week I tried making Gluten Free Gobsmacked's Radish Cakes. I also tried roasting them as she mentioned she'd done. As interesting as these things sounded, I'm just not sure I'm a fan of radishes. However, I am a fan of Soy-Ginger Dipping Sauce! I have modified Kate's recipe to be soy-free. The coconut aminos make the sauce taste very slightly like coconut, but it's not distracting. In fact, DH really enjoyed the sauce and he's not soy-free. I'm so happy to have a sauce I can enjoy with sushi, spring rolls, rice, etc. now...I might not miss soy sauce again!

2 tbsp. coconut aminos
2 tsp. rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. fish sauce*
1/2 tsp. lime juice

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Taste and adjust fish sauce and/or lime juice according to your taste. You can accent this with thinly sliced scallions if you like. Store leftovers in the refrigerator and use within one week.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I loved the day I discovered coconut aminos!

I wanted to share a book title with you I just read aloud to my oldest (6). It might interest Anna, though I'm not sure what level she reads at. It's called A Toad for Tuesday by Russell E. Erickson. It's about a toad who goes on a journey in the middle of winter, gets caught by an owl who keeps him prisoner and eventually ends with the two of them being friends. It was short chapter book. I enjoyed it and so did my son (he's a beginning reader but this book was way beyond his level to read himself).

Erin said...

Thanks for the book title, Nicole. Anna loves books featuring animals so I'll look that one up for sure!

Ina said...

Erin - this sounds so good! And such a healthier alternative, especially for those who can not do soy!

Erin said...

Thanks Ina! :)