Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gluten Free & Vegan - Dumplings for Soup

Anna and I are both sick. So I made a big pot of soup for dinner, and to complete the meal-in-a-bowl, I made dumplings to go with the soup. It was fabulous....comfort food always hits the spot, but even more so when you are feeling under the weather.


Dumplings for Soup

1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch
2 teaspoons dried parsely
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon canola oil or olive oil
1/3 cup non-dairy, non-soy milk alternative

Sift together the rice flour through the sugar, make a well in the center and set aside. Whisk together the canola oil and milk, then pour into the dry ingredients. Stir until smooth. Add up to 1 tablespoon of water if the mixture seems too dry. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls into a gently simmering broth-y soup. Cover the soup pot and simmer 15 minutes. Uncover the soup pot and turn off the heat. Serve hot. Makes about 6 dumplings.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm trying this soon. I love dumplings and have really missed them. The few recipes I've tried have been just ok, no keepers. Feel better soon!

Erin said...

Thanks, Nicole. I hope you like the dumplings. :)

Sea said...

Yum! I just made gluten-free dumplings from a Bette hagman recipe the other night. These look really good, too. :) Hope you all feel better!

-Sea

Erin said...

Thank you, Sea. Anna and I are both feeling much better...it's DH who is now sick. I'll have to make him some soup! :)