Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cheese, Glorious Cheese (Sliceable Daiya!)

Daiya has done it again.  They've made a completely plausible vegan, soy-free, nut-free, gluten-free cheese that you can slice.  You can put it on crackers.  It melts too, and makes wonderful sandwich melts.  It's impossibly creamy and tastes like actual cheese (or at least, very close to what I remember cheese tasting like).  I am in love with Daiya's new Wedges.


There are three Wedge flavors - Cheddar, Jack and Havarti styles.  The girls like the cheddar best, but I am more fond of the Jack and Havarti.  The Havarti, which gets a spicy kick from jalapenos, is my favorite.  Right now I can only find it at one of my local Whole Foods.  It's pricey, but it lasts awhile if you use it judiciously.  For us the Wedges are a treat food, and they are totally worth it.

2 comments:

goodfountain said...

They are awesome! I wish they were more of a treat food in our house but Charlotte is obsessed with grilled cheese sandwiches. It does make a DELICIOUS grilled cheese.

Erin said...

Oh yes, grilled cheese...yummo! Anna still cannot take the melty texture, so no grilled cheese for her. Which is good for our budget. :) She eats it plain, however, and loves it!