Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Apple Honey "Lemonade"

Okay, this is really Vinegar Lemonade, but I'm calling it Apple Honey Lemonade to make it sound more appealing to the girls.  Anna can't stand anything vinegary, but she will drink vinegar lemonade with a fancy name.  It's surprisingly good and it's good for you.  Raw apple cider vinegar and raw local honey both have many health benefits (read more here). I found a good recipe for vinegar lemonade here (along with several other good recipes we tried during summer camp - did you know that drinking cider vinegar is how the pioneers got their vitamin C?  So interesting!).  I fill a pitcher with it so it's always around when I want some.  I am just now starting to drink it daily to aid digestion, boost immunity and help tamp down heartburn (which is working very well so far).  I like a nice tart drink so I added quite a bit of vinegar to this lemonade, but you can cut the vinegar down to 1/3 cup...it will be a little sweeter that way, which is how the girls like it. 

Apple Honey "Lemonade"

8 cups warm water
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar

Pour the warm water into a pitcher.  Add the honey and stir to dissolve.  Stir in the cider vinegar.  Enjoy lukewarm or cold.  Store in the refrigerator.

*If you want to try just one cup first to see if you like it, stir 1 tbsp. raw honey into 1 cup warm water to dissolve.  Add 1 tbsp. vinegar, stir and enjoy.

2 comments:

Astrid said...

Wow, I didn'tknow you could make lemonade out of vinegar. I thought that was a bit weird, but well.

Erin said...

Try it, you might like it! :)