Living without gluten, casein, soy, eggs and peanuts. Living with ASD and ADHD. Life is good!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Peanut Free, Soy Free Dipping Sauce

The other day I had a hankering for summer rolls with peanut sauce.  An Asian restaurant close to us makes a really good peanut sauce that is gluten free and as best as I can tell, it consists of peanut butter, sweet chili sauce, sugar and water.  The girls can't do peanut so they never get to partake.  I decided to make a dipping sauce at home they can enjoy.  I used crunchy almond butter, but you can use cashew butter or sunbutter.  I used this recipe here and what I remember of the restaurant's peanut sauce as my guides.  The sauce turned out really good.  The girls loved it, and that makes me happy.  I might sneak in a batch of my own sauce next time we go to the restaurant so the girls can enjoy a safe sauce with their summer rolls.

Seen here are Cabbage and Carrot Summer Rolls with Peanut Free, Soy Free Dipping Sauce. 


Peanut Free, Soy Free Dipping Sauce

1/3 cup almond butter
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. coconut aminos
1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
2 tsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. water
1 tsp. grated ginger

Whisk together all ingredients until well blended.  Serve with summer rolls, or omit the water and serve with satay.

No comments: